This blog post is featured in my weekly column at woman to woman ministries today – I hope you’ll head over and recieve encouragement there as well.
God does not intend for us to only survive the rigors of this life. Sometimes in the course of life, certain seasons carry more burdens than others certainly, but I believe that God’s desire is for us to thrive through each of the seasons. Scripture reminds us in many different verses – but here are three passages to consider:
- John 10:10 tells us in Christ’s own words that he came for us to have life “more abundantly.”
- David describes it in Psalms 23 as an “overflowing cup.”
- John 15:11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
This is much easier said than done though. It’s difficult to think of thriving for instance when you are busy:
- Picking up the dirty laundry off the floor for the hundredth time that day
- Changing that dirty diaper again when you just got cleaned up from the last one
- Preparing one more meal in a day (especially if you homeschool – right mamas?)
- Feeling and sharing the intense pain of rejection and heartache from our teenagers as they navigate the path to adulthood.
- Dealing with the threat of loss of financial stability, health, jobs, and much more
Read the rest of this post here…
One thought on “4 ways to Thrive not just Survive”
Please send me a link for your website. Please confirm your email address.
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you & have a blessed day in the Lord.
Your Sister in Christ